Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Life is Good...

Just a quick peek...


This is a pattern I call "Garden Bliss" the perfect spring quilt.  I almost have the pattern finished, it just needs a few  illustrations. This is a pattern I have taught at the LQS. I had a large class and the ladies were so nice. This is Marla's quilt from my class. I just love the colors that she used. I will show more of the quilt when I get the pattern printed.  The quilt is just beautiful.  I finished quilting it last month, but things have been unusually challenging...pattern to follow...


The latest on the T-Shirt quilt...

starlitquilts.com



Just the finishing touches on the t-shirt quit. I am onto the binding now. I just quilted this with a quick swirl. The binding is all I have left! :) then I hand it off the happy owner. 

 

BOM time...

Here is my BOM that I am updating to use solids! I totally love it!
I also have a couple other quilts that I had finished last month. I am saving them, I may need them for a post or two next month depending on my recovery time.

so...where have I been hiding lately?

Learing to relax!

This was my 2013 Scion TC, I really liked that car! It was only 6 months old, it still had the new car smell!  I didn't eat in it, I babied the crap out of that car!  Wow... How quickly our life can change. One minute I am driving home from a day at the office job, and then.... I am rear ended on the freeway. She had to be going 60 MPH.  I am very grateful I had the car I did, it took the hit for me. I am much better than I would have been in many other cars. You should have seen their 2001 Passat, no question there, their car was totaled, they had to be extricated from their car.  I was blessed to have the Easter holiday with my family, the dogs and the weather. I found a new appreciation for life! definitely....

So...After 2 trips to the ER, and a week and a half later, I am just getting things back together in my head, the first week is a total blur. I had no business trying to do business as usual. 

I haven't been able to quilt since the accident?  Not sure how the healing will go. I just want to quilt, but I am not the young quilter I used to be. It is amazing how bad my body hurts. If I try quilting, I am in severe pain shortly after. I have tried taking it easy, and it doesn't really make a difference! I just hurt!!! So I just have to let it go for a few days?

If you think the car is bad, you should see what this has done to my waiting list. I don't even know where to start. I am guessing slowly is the best way for now. This is a new concept to me. I usually quilt to relax! so...I am going to have to learn how to actually relax? Is their a website I could read on that, one that will not inspire me to get up and go?

Taking it one day at a time.
star




No comments:

Post a Comment