Saturday, February 23, 2013

Getting things done!

Seems like I have been trying to get this post up for weeks... 

Here is what’s on my sewing table…

piano key border for T-shirt quilt
T-shirt quilt in progress
This has been a fun quilt. I am loving it. I had bought a bolt of fabric I thought I wanted to use on this quilt, and then… I saw the pattern from Windham Fabrics for the Good Vibrations fabric line, and then it was all over. I am changing the plan and making the borders look like a piano keyboard.  The piano works great with the theme of this quilt. The recipient has been playing the piano for years, many years (and he is only 18), he is very accomplished and his mother is very proud of him. The piano border is perfect. This quick quilt just got a little less quick. But I love it.

And, Here is what is off the sewing table.

Redwork Revival sampler block of the month BOM
A year later the Redwork Revival BOM that Lisa and I designed and taught at the Parish Quilt shop is OVER. As soon as Glamping yardage is available, I will put the final borders on this, and then I need to make time for the quilting.

Now for the American Beauty photos I promised.

I ran into a problem with them. As you can see, many of them are blurry. Our weather is so dreary here in the Pacific North West, and we have a serious lack of sunshine. I kind of blew it, I didn’t look at the photos before I delivered the quilt. Now I have out of focus photos, but…just for the record, Julie loved her quilt. These are what I have for photos of this quilt.

1 American Beauty BOM marti michelle

2 American Beauty BOM marti michelle

3 American Beauty BOM marti michelle

4 American Beauty BOM marti michelle

5 American Beauty BOM marti michelle

6 American Beauty BOM marti michelle

7 American Beauty BOM marti michelle

8 American Beauty BOM marti michelle

9 American Beauty BOM marti michelle

10 American Beauty BOM marti michelle

11 American Beauty BOM marti michelle

12 American Beauty BOM marti michelle

13 American Beauty BOM marti michelle

14 American Beauty BOM marti michelle

15 American Beauty BOM marti michelle

Here are the finishes for the last couple weeks.

I have had a couple quilts that were quick and fun. I quilted a couple quilts with fabric from Afric. This is not the first time I have quilted fabric from Africa, I have a pretty hard time keeping things square. I finished them, but they were just quick quilts that I had to pin and pin to keep square. My customer loved them. The quilts were made from clothes her children had when they lived in Africa. She wanted to remember them and use them in a quilt. How great is that.

These photos are not a great quality, but you get the idea. 

memory quilt 1

memory quilt 2

memory quilt 3

I then got busy on the Fabulous Felines Quilt.

Fabulous Felines Quilt 1
Fabulous Felines Quilt 2

Fabulous Felines Quilt 3

Fabulous Felines Quilt 4

Fabulous Felines Quilt 7

Fabulous Felines Quilt 8

It is so hard to see the detail of the quilting on this dark fabric, sorry these photos are the best I have. This was a fun quilt from one of my regular quilters. Marla seems to keep a quilt or two running through me. I appreciate your patients and thank you! Now I had better get back to quilting.

It has been a very busy couple weeks.

...sneak peak at the quilt that I am just finishing up.
quilted wreath 1

quilted wreath 2

quited wreath 3
Thanks for checking - Star

No comments:

Post a Comment